We all know that summer is a time for relaxation, and not having too much stress with our jobs. But because of these two things, summer is also a great time to increase your productivity.
Reaching customers, and prospects, during the summer is more difficult than the rest of the year because they may be on vacation. We observe this every summer as we call for our clients.
But they’re not all on vacation at the same time. Their receptionists, assistants and voicemails will tell you that they are away, but will also tell you when they return. Note that date, give them a couple of days to get reoriented, then call.
We all know how the energy in business builds at the start of the year. We also see Labour Day as a mini new year. Once we cross Labour Day people are mainly back to work, refreshed, and ready to implement new ideas and plans.
Here are 4 ideas to help your salespeople be more productive through the rest of the summer and get better results through the rest of the year.
1. Get some sales training.
You can bring in a sales trainer for a training session. This can revitalize your sales and marketing teams, and help them refine old skills, as well as learn new skills. We use Sandler for our training and find it very effective. Sandler has a complimentary virtual summit on September 22. These are first class sales strategies and techniques. You and your people will learn a lot, even if you’re new to their system, and you can check it out here.
2. Keep in touch with your current customers.
When you look at the reasons why customers leave their suppliers, the biggest reason is lack of contact. Many companies, after they get a new customer, ignore these customers, as well as their long-standing customers. It’s not because they aren’t grateful for having that company as a customer, it’s just they have been busy with other things. The summer is a good time to reach out to the customers you’ve lost touch with, get to know them better, see how you can help them, and actually sell them more.
3. Set up prospecting sessions.
The sales team probably has a little more time on their hands these days too. Bring the group together for a couple of hours and have a cold-call prospecting session. Everyone needs to bring a list, maybe it’s already in your CRM. In-person or on-line, make it a game, a contest. Who can make the most calls, have the most conversations, arrange the most meetings? Your team will come out of this session with more actionable leads.
4. Contact old and dormant customers.
This is also a good time to contact these customers. As mentioned, like prospects, they will probably be more open to discuss why they left you, and why they haven’t been buying from you lately. You can then find ways to revitalize them. You will also get new ideas for prospecting, because when you know why they left, or stopped buying, you can then use this information for developing new strategies for finding and keeping your customers.
There are many other ways your salespeople can productively spend their summer, but these four ideas will help your company drive more business.
Here’s how we can help you get ready for the fall sales season!
• If your salespeople have been busy, and don’t have the time to keep in touch with all of their customers, we can help you keep in touch with them. It helps you keep more of your customers and shows them that you do care about them.
• If your salespeople are too busy working with their current customers, they probably don’t have much time for prospecting. That is what we can do for your company. We’re a B2B lead generation company, with B2B appointment setting services. We can prospect for your sales team, and set up times for them to meet with their prospects – on the phone, online, or in person.
• When we do dormant customer programs for our clients, we find that the main reason their customers have become dormant is because nobody contacted them. Other reasons include, that it had been so long the contact forgot about you, the original contact left that company, or the new contact didn’t know they bought from you. They may have not had a need for the product since they bought from you and did not know what other products you have. When we call these companies on your behalf, most are happy to hear from you and willing to reengage.
How can we do all of this for you?
We are an outbound call center, and we’ve been at it for over 20 years. And we do all those things mentioned above for our customers.
Let us make those calls for you.
Salesforce has found that response to a calling program is 27 times greater than email.
And while your salespeople are keeping your current clients happy, or enjoying their summer vacation, or trying to close deals that are already in the works, we can start a campaign for you that will fill in these gaps, and speak with many of your prospects you just don’t have time to reach.
That is what we do best, B2B appointment setting and B2B sales lead generation for your salespeople, with your prospects as well as past and dormant customers.
We guarantee that every lead and appointment will be qualified to your specifications.
Because we’ve been doing it for over 20 years, we’re pretty good at it.
Are you ready to initiate change for the better, and make the rest of this summer more productive?
Contact us today and we will get back to you ASAP, to discuss your needs and how we might help you.
There is no charge for this, and most companies learn a lot, just by talking to us.
So, don’t wait. ACT NOW